We’re a team with heart
(and the data to back it up).
If you’re a motivated self-starter with a passion for all
things digital, let’s talk.
Making great things in the heart of Detroit.
We love what we do, and it shows. We inspire our clients, each other, and the industry at large with cutting-edge growth solutions that challenge the status quo.
Don't see the right opportunity? Send us your resume and portfolio and we'll keep in touch!
Who Are We?We're MSC, a data-driven digital growth agency located in Downtown Detroit. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the area and are looking to grow our team with talented, hungry, and data-driven marketers. We work with some of the coolest companies in and around Detroit as well as San Francisco, New York, and LA. We're becoming one of the premier growth marketing agencies in the US. We function like a tech company, not just a marketing agency.
The Position:We're looking for a recent graduate with some social media management experience who is eager to jump in, contribute fresh ideas, and learn how to do a variety of digital marketing tasks. The Social Media Intern will be responsible for scheduling client social media content, as well as community management and engagement on paid and organic social channels. The Social Media Intern will also step in to help create content, write copy, and complete various content tasks when needed across social media and email.
What We’re Offering:One internship, for three months working on projects in our social media department. This is a paid, hourly position. Reporting to a Manager, you'll participate in the processes and activities that generate innovative social media and digital marketing experiences. We consider hiring our interns at the end of the internship for full time roles at the agency.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
In partnership with the Senior Strategy Manager...
- Scheduling social media posts for multiple clients via scheduling tool, Sendible, and also natively
- Monitor social ad campaigns and manage comment responses
- Help manage engagement strategies for client organic social channels
- Monitor and respond to comments, and engage/follow targeted audiences
- Contribute ideas during internal client meetings
- Assist in establishing monthly social media calendars, producing social media content, and writing social copy
- Assist in completing monthly reporting tasks
- Help draft copy for email, paid social ads, organic social, and other channels as needed
- Help building, executing, and analyzing email campaigns
- Recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in marketing, digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or public relations
- 1+ years of social media management or marketing experience (including previous internships)
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and TikTok
- Familiarity with social media scheduling software such as Hootsuite or Sendible
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Some analytical skills and knowledge of social media analytics software
- Creative mindset with an eye on the latest social media trends
- Eagerness to learn about new tools, software, and marketing trends
- Hard working and team-oriented
- Available to work 15-20 hours a week
Who Oversees You:You report directly to the Senior Strategy Manager
Where It All Goes Down:You'll work from home!
The perks of working at MSC
We're a passionate, creative team working from a prime downtown Detroit location. We offer comprehensive health benefits, unlimited vacation days, summer Fridays, regular happy hours, plenty of snacks, and cold brew on tap. We have an office dog named Rooster that makes a weekly appearance.